Monday, November 19, 2012

Final Observations

On 11/16/2012 the final observations of the microaquarium were made.  This week I observed a great increase in the amount of algae colonies and paramecium.  The number of microorganisms seems to have increased greatly.  During my observations of the aquarium I noticed a few new creatures.  These include 12 Nematodes, 1 Water Bear, a few hundred Paramecium, Two Epistylis, and about six Eupalotes.  My speculation is the death of the water mite in my aquarium allowed the number of other microorganisms to greatly increase.  The number of Rotifera were also greatly increased.  I was unable to find the Amoeba within the aquarium, however, the verticella were readily observed as well.  A few colonies of diatoms were noticed this week as well.  This was perhaps the largest number of life forms that I was able to observe making this perhaps the most interesting week of observations of the microaquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment