Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 3 Observations.

 On 11/09/12 the micro-aquarium had multiple different lifeforms that I did not notice before.  Verticella sp was one of the primary ones that I noticed in multiple locations.  As I was searching along throughout the aquarium, I noticed a small mass that seemed to be moving down the aquarium.  As I watched this form changed shapes quite a few times.  The amoeba was a very interesting thing to see in the aquarium, having never seen one before not in a book.
One of the biggest changes I noticed this week, was the water mite was deceased.  As I watched it closely, some euchlanis rotifera seemed to come in at apparently eat portions of it.  There was a greater number of rotifera this week compared to prior weeks.   I did not see any of the tachyasoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment